If you want to start sports betting in Connecticut, we can help you get started. There are only three sportsbooks to choose from in the state, which can make your decision more difficult. How can you decide which service is right for you without trying each one yourself?
Bet Station is here to tell you everything you need to know about every sportsbook available in Connecticut. That means you will find all the information you need to make an informed decision. We inspect the promotions, markets, and various other aspects that make each service unique.
Bet $5 or More for a $200 Bonus
New players only, must be located in AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, VA, WY, or WV. Must be 21+ or 18+ in WY. Bonus bets are valid for seven days or 168 hours from when the bet appears in your account. Complimentary bet values are not included in returns or winnings from any wager. The bets are non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be transferred for cash. One welcome bonus per customer.
- Refer a Friend for a $100 Complimentary Bet
- Daily Free-to-Play Prize Pools
- Enjoy a Variety of Promotions During Important Sporting Events
$3,000 Risk-Free First Bet
New players only. Place your first wager at the FanDuel Sportsbook for a risk-free first bet worth up to $3,000. Must be over 21 years of age and physically located in AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, and WY. To qualify, you must deposit at least ten dollars on any sporting event at FanDuel. If your wager loses, you can get up to $3,000 in extra bets.
- Place a $20 Four+ Leg Parlay on College Football and get $10 in Complimentary Bets
- Refer a Friend for a Bonus Worth $75
- Place an NFL 4+ Leg Same Game Parlay and a Second Chance if your Wager Loses
$500 Risk-Free for New Players
New members can get their first bet matched up to $500 if the wager loses. Available to any new player 21 years of age or older. Must be in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia. When making your first deposit, use code SPORTS to receive your bonus.
- Start With a $500 Risk-Free First Bet
- Place Three NBA Same Game Parlays for a Bonus Bet
- NHL First Goal Insurance
Best Sportsbook for Connecticut Players
We have created this guide to help any new or experienced players get up to speed with the different parts that make up a sportsbook. That includes looking at the events residents cannot bet on, as well as the markets available on each platform. Plus, if you want more information about a specific service, we have detailed reviews available.
|1||DraftKings||AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY||Bet $5 or More for a $200 Bonus|
|2||FanDuel||AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY||$3,000 Risk-Free First Bet|
|3||BetRivers||AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV||$500 Risk-Free for New Players|
If you look at most states across America with legal online sports betting, DraftKings is usually at the top. That is because the sportsbook is one of the best for consistent and high-paying odds. We have found that a lot of parlays and straight bets are more financially rewarding at DraftKings. While sometimes this can be a matter of pennies, it can also range into hundreds of dollars, depending on the legs in your parlay.
Besides the potential profitability, DraftKings is a tried and tested brand. The service began as a fantasy sports provider, immensely popular even to this day. In 2018, the platform opened a sports betting arm, followed by an online casino and the NFT Marketplace. The casino is one of the best in the state, as it has a vast collection of games. This includes exciting and unique slots plus all the iconic table games.
There are many similarities between FanDuel and DraftKings. Not only do they both operate fantastic daily fantasy sports contests, but they are now responsible for two of the best sportsbooks in America. FanDuel has several differences from the DraftKings sports betting platform. For starters, the layout is much easier for new players to use. They sort wagers out into categories, making it better to find the wagers you want.
FanDuel is also a better service than DraftKings for live betting. They offer live streams and a plethora of fantastic stats for the event. New players gravitate towards FanDuel, as it has a better mobile app. The casino at FanDuel is a good size for anyone looking to try online gaming for the first time. No matter which of the three sportsbooks we have listed you join, you are getting a high-quality sports betting experience. Besides, you can always change your mind at a later date.
One last aspect to consider is that FanDuel is no longer accepting paid contests for the DFS platform. The service paused in February 2022 and since then, its provisional license has expired. If you want to play fantasy sports for real money, your only option is DraftKings.
3. SugarHouse - Closing Down
One of the most popular services in Connecticut is Play SugarHouse. For those of you who don’t know, SugarHouse is owned and operated by Rush Street Interactive, the same company behind BetRivers. Connecticut is the last state to hold the SugarHouse name. All the other regions have merged under the BetRivers brand. On March 28, 2023, Rush Street announced it will wind down sports betting operations in the state. That means the CT Lottery will have to find a new partner to continue taking sports bets in the state.
BetRivers has a better selection of sports compared to other sports betting platforms in the state. Plus, the live betting service at this sportsbook is fantastic. You can watch games using the live stream or follow along with the animated visuals. Where SugarHouse shines is in the amount of information available. Most sports have an immense collection of stats for each team, including performances over an entire career. If you are looking to make live bets or just want access to a plethora of information, SugarHouse is an excellent choice.
The History of Sports Betting in Connecticut
The journey each state undertook between the Supreme Court changing the rules in 2018 and legalization is unique. In Connecticut, this gap was a lot shorter than in many other states across the country. However, residents still had to wait several years before being able to place a wager. Below is a timeline of the events surrounding the legalization of sports betting in CT.
- Feb 22, 1991: Dennis DeConcini proposes the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act to the Senate. The act will outlaw sports betting nationwide, except for Nevada and a few other locations.
- Jun 2, 1992: The Senate votes in favor of the motion with only five votes against the PASPA.
- Oct 28, 1992: The President of the United States signs the PASPA into law. Sports betting is now illegal across most of America.
- Jun 2017: The Supreme Court will now entertain arguments against the PASPA after over a decade of unsuccessful campaigns.
- Sep 2017: Connecticut gets the legislation in place to legalize sports betting based on the outcome of the court case.
- May 2018: Fortunately, the Supreme Court decides the 1992 PASPA is not constitutional, paving the way for each state to legalize sports betting.
- Mar 2021: Governor Lamont announces an agreement with the Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot Tribe. The deal allows mobile sports betting and online gaming to the state.
- May 26, 2021: Connecticut House of Representatives approves legislation that will permit sports wagering in CT. The Governor signs the new legislation into law the next day.
- Jul 1, 2021: DraftKings and FanDuel pay for provisional licenses to offer daily fantasy sports in the state.
- Sep 30, 2021: The first retail sports betting facilities open to residents in Connecticut. Sports betting is now legal in the state. Both FanDuel and DraftKings can now take bets in person.
- Oct 19, 2021: Mobile sports betting and online casino gaming are now legal.
- Oct 19, 2021: DraftKings launches its online and mobile services in the state.
- Oct 19, 2021: FanDuel joins DraftKings in launching a digital sportsbook in CT.
- Oct 2021: SugarHouse becomes the third service to operate in Connecticut.
- February 25, 2022: FanDuel allows its DFS license to expire. The service is no longer taking paid entries in CT.
- Mar 28, 2023: SugarHouse announces it will leave Connecticut. The state lottery is now looking for a new partner in the state.
Connecticut Sports Betting Apps
We recommend anyone who is thinking about sports betting in Connecticut to download a mobile app. That is because it is the easiest and quickest way for you to place a bet. Here are the mobile apps you can download in the state.
Android and iOS
- SugarHouse (Closing)
Launch Dates of Connecticut Gambling Websites
For a sports betting platform to operate in Connecticut, it must have a partnership with a land-based establishment. That means there are a couple of sports betting locations you can visit in the state.
The beauty of having these locations is three-fold. They allow you to place wagers in cash, giving you the chance to walk away with actual money on the day if your bet comes true. The sportsbook is equipped with dozens of large screens, meaning you can watch all the action across multiple sports. Plus, there is usually some food and drinks to help you enjoy game day. Below is a table of all the retail locations in the state.
|Online Partner||Retail Sportsbook||Location|
|SugarHouse||Winners Bradley||9 Schoephoester Rd, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Manchester||103 Tolland Turnpike, Manchester, CT 06042, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Hartford||121 Brainard Rd, Hartford, CT 06114, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners New Britain||160 E Main St, New Britain, CT 06051, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Waterbury||155 Thomaston Ave, Waterbury, CT 06710, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Sports Haven||600 Long Wharf Dr, New Haven, CT 06511, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Milford||89 Roses Mill Rd, Milford, CT 06460, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Norwalk||24 Burnell Blvd, Norwalk, CT 06850, United States|
|SugarHouse||Winners Stamford||268 Atlantic St, Stamford, CT 06901, United States|
|FanDuel||Mohegan Sun||1 Mohegan Sun Blvd, Uncasville, CT 06382, United States|
|DraftKings||Foxwoods Resort Casino||350 Trolley Line Blvd, Ledyard, CT 06338, United States|
Who Can Legally Bet on Sports in Connecticut
States across America can make their own rules. That is why you will see some regions allowing players as young as 18 to place sports bets. To avoid any confusion, we have outlined some of the most important aspects to remember when sports betting in Connecticut. It is unlikely that any of the laws mentioned will change soon.
- Legal Age: The legal betting age in Connecticut is 21 years or older. That means if you want to place a sports bet in person or online, you must be at least 21. This also applies to online casino games and retail casinos.
- Mobile Betting: Mobile betting became legal in October 2021 in Connecticut. You can place sports bets anywhere in the state if you register with one of the three licensed services.
- State Lines: To place a legal wager in Connecticut, you must be within state lines. You can access your account to withdraw or deposit when out of the jurisdiction, but you can’t place a new wager.
- Remote Registration: You can register remotely anywhere in the state. You do not need to visit a retail location to sign up for sports betting.
- Retail Locations: There are several retail locations in Connecticut. This is where you can bet in person using cash. Plus, each sportsbook will have large screens to catch all the action.
Online Sports Betting Markets CT
Whether you are looking to bet on a specific sport or are curious about what events are available, the following table is here for you. Below, we have the three sports betting sites and all the markets they currently have on offer. Use this table to join the service that has the sports you want to bet on.
The number of markets on a sportsbook can fluctuate throughout the year. Events like table tennis or Jai Alai may appear or disappear depending on the time of year. Most sports are not available all year round. So, when they enter the off-season, they are no longer available on the site. However, when the season starts again, they will reintroduce the events to the sportsbook.
What can’t you bet on in Connecticut?
No matter which state you play from, there are certain events you cannot bet on. This varies across America, with some states including far more restrictions than others. For example, most states do not support wagers on eSports events. To help you find out what is not allowed in Connecticut, we have put a list together.
- In-State College Teams
- Award Ceremonies
In Connecticut, you cannot place a wager on any college-level team that is based inside state lines. This rules out teams like the Yale Bulldogs, Sacred Heart Pioneers, and the Connecticut Huskies. The state does not allow bets on award ceremonies, such as the Oscars. Plus, no state in America allows players to bet on the outcome of political events. There are no restrictions on eSports competitions in CT.
Types of Bets at Connecticut Online Sportsbooks
There are lots of different wagers you can place at a sports betting site. Some sports have exclusive bets you won’t find anywhere else. To help new players get up to speed, we have a list of the ten most common wagers found in an online sportsbook in Connecticut. Remember, we can combine some bets into larger wagers, such as parlays.
- Moneyline: A bet where you choose a player or a team to win the contest outright.
- Spread Bet: When two teams face off, a sportsbook will assign a handicap to either side. The favorite needs to win by a certain amount and the underdog needs to not lose by the same amount.
- Total/Over-Under: The over-under wager is when you are betting on the combined total of points or goals scored. You could bet on there being over 220 points scored in the NBA or under six goals in the NHL.
- Parlay: A parlay combines multiple bets into one high-paying and exciting wager. You can have a parlay with moneylines, spread bets, and totals across one or multiple sports. The result is a wager that pays more if it comes true, but you need every prediction to be right to win any money.
- Proposition Bet: The prop bet allows patrons to bet on individual players’ performances. That means you can bet on a player to score a goal, assist another player, or receive a penalty. There are different props for different sports, and we can combine them to create parlays.
- Same Game Parlay: The same game parlay is like a parlay, but instead of betting on several games, this wager only relies on one event. A typical same game parlay could involve a player scoring a certain number of points, getting an assist, and the team winning the match.
- Teasers: A teaser allows you to combine two or more bets into a parlay. However, you get a certain number of points to help you reduce the size of the spread. Just like a parlay, you need all your legs to hit to win money. However, the bet offers more cushion, as the size of the spread or total bet is more likely to come true.
- Futures: This bet involves placing a wager on the outcome of a season or tournament way before the event takes place. For example, betting on the 2024 Super Bowl Winner or the team to lift the next Stanley Cup.
- Round Robins: This wager is a type of parlay, but with multiple combinations. You can win the wager even if all of your legs do not win. The best way to think of a round robin is through a series of parlays.
- Live Bets: Live bets are popular because they involve wagering on an event that is currently underway. If you are watching a game and think you know who will score next, you can bet during the event on the next goal scorer.
Different online sports betting platforms will have unique collections of wagers for you to choose from. This can include popular sports, such as the NFL, and obscure events like snooker. The best way to see what’s on offer is to visit the website yourself or download the mobile app and check it out.
Tax Rate for Online Gambling in Connecticut
In case you did not know, winnings from sports betting are taxable in the state of Connecticut. This applies to every state of America. However, the rate at which the tax applies varies depending on several factors. Each state has different tax bands, with some opting for a flat rate.
Connecticut has a graduated tax system ranging from three percent up to 6.99% for the top earners. That means the amount they tax your winnings depends on your annual income. If you want to find out approximately how much you will pay in tax, you can use an online calculator for CT. Just put in your annual salary plus however much you made from sports betting to get a rough estimate.
Payment Methods at CT Sportsbooks
The payment methods are another aspect you should consider. That is because each service will have a different range of ways for you to get your cash in and out of a sportsbook. Some services will support your preferred method, whereas others may not. That is why we have created a couple of handy tables.
Below, you will see all the payment methods available at a sports betting site. It’s important you get this right before you sign up, or you might have lengthy delays in getting your funds. Plus, not every sports betting site has the best support system. So, if you can avoid having to deal with them, you will save yourself a lot of time and hassle.
There are only three sports betting platforms to choose from in Connecticut, which gives us less choice. If you look at other states, they can have over 20 sportsbooks available for all residents to use. However, the lack of variety means it is easier to decide. Instead of sifting through over a dozen options, you only need to weigh up three.
If you do not have any of the methods listed, what should you do? In our experience, online banking is the best alternative payment system. It is easy to add funds to your account and one of the quickest ways to withdraw winnings. Plus, they widely support online banking in Connecticut, so you can choose any of the services.
The same applies to withdrawals. There are only three sportsbooks, so choosing the right one for you is a simple task. Look for the sports betting platform that supports the withdrawal method easiest for you. Some of these options have extremely quick turnarounds. PayPal withdrawals are usually in your account within 24 hours, compared to five working days for some bank transfers.
One last aspect to consider is security. Several of the betting platforms available in Connecticut have security measures in place. This is where options such as online banking are not available to players until they have made a deposit. That means you can only withdraw from your bank account once you have deposited using the same account.
Promotions and Bonuses at Connecticut Betting Websites
Online sportsbooks usually offer players a variety of promotions. This includes a welcome offer to help new players get started, and a bunch of other bonuses for existing players. These promos come and go throughout the year, usually concentrated on big sporting events. That means during the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, and various golf tournaments, there are freebies to enjoy at each sports betting platform.
But how will you know what each bonus means? We here at Bet Station have created several guides summarizing each promotion. If you want to know about the various sportsbook bonuses in Connecticut, check those out. If you are an experienced player and just want a recap, check out the list below.
- Free Bet: The free bet is your chance to place a wager on a sportsbook without using your deposited funds. Free bets are a voucher for a bet. You do not get to keep the value of the bet, but all the winnings are yours to withdraw.
- Risk-Free Bet: This promotion allows you to place a bet with insurance. If your bet fails, then the sportsbook will refund your stake with a free bet. Some sports betting sites will give you a series of free bets to match your wager; others will give you a free bet of equal size.
- Odds Boost: If a sports betting platform increases the returns of a wager, they have boosted the odds. Sportsbooks can boost any wager at their discretion. Sometimes these bets can inspire you to create a wager of your own.
- Parlay Insurance: Some sportsbooks give players parlay insurance. If your parlay fails by exactly one leg, the betting site will refund a portion of your stake in free bets. There are normally other rules to follow for this promotion. For example, must include NBA or NFL games.
- Profit Boost: Some sports betting platforms give members the chance to increase their profits. The boost only applies to winning wagers. You can boost parlays, straight bets, and usually any wagers besides futures.
- Deposit Match: An unusual promotion in Connecticut is the deposit match. This is where a sports betting platform will match your cash deposit with free bets.
Best Sportsbooks for Risk-Free Bets
There are only three sportsbooks available in Connecticut. However, each one offers a different range of promotions throughout the year. In the next few sections, we will sort out the sports betting platforms in order of how consistent the promos are.
If you are looking for risk-free bets, most sports betting sites offer players this promo as a welcome bonus. That means they will cover your first wager if it loses. The size of a free bet varies at each service and it is possible to get more risk-free bets later in the year. Below are the current welcome offers at each service in Connecticut.
- FanDuel: Sign up to FanDuel for a risk-free bet worth up to $2,500.
- SugarHouse: New players at SugarHouse receive a $100 risk-free bet
Best Sports Betting Sites for Free Bets
Each sportsbook in Connecticut varies with the frequency they give existing players free bets. SugarHouse was the most consistent over the past couple of years for giving out this type of promotion. However, they recently announced the service will close in CT.
- DraftKings: New customers get $200 in free bets when they register and bet $5 on any market. Plus, you can refer a friend to DraftKings for a bonus bet worth up to $100.
- SugarHouse: Place a live NBA wager and have up to 50% of your bet matched in free wagers. Make three MLB same game parlays in a week for a $10 free bet. The same promotion applies to soccer same game parlays but you can claim a free bet worth up to $25 instead.
Best Sportsbooks for Odds Boosts
It is common the sports betting sites in CT to boost odds. The amount a wager increases varies at the discretion of the sportsbook. Sometimes a boost will more than double your potential returns. Other times it will make a standard wager slightly more profitable. Below is the best site for giving you the option to boost your wagers.
- DraftKings: Opt in for a 25% same game parlay boost to use the NHL Finals. Get a boost worth +300 to any golfer winning the U.S. Open. Plus, if you bet on the first goalscorer in the NHL Finals they will boost your bet by +200. Lastly, you can get a 100% profit boost for MLB same game parlays.
Comparison of Connecticut Online Sportsbooks
Now that we have covered almost every detail about the sportsbooks in the state, we can look at what each service offers overall. The fundamental aspects to look for when deciding which sportsbook to join are the promotions and sports on offer. However, if you are going to bet on American classics, like football, hockey, or basketball, it matters less which one you choose.
If this is your first-time sports betting, FanDuel is a great place to begin. The mobile app is the easiest to use. If you are a fan of promotions, SugarHouse could be the way to go. It has more promos available on your average week than either service combined. Plus, SugarHouse is fantastic for live bets and finding out important stats before the game. However, if you are confident, DraftKings is a fantastic option. It has an impressive collection of sports and is one of the best online casinos in the state.
As you can see, each service has its strengths. We can’t recommend one service to all players. Instead, it is up to you to choose wisely. Even still, once you sign up for a sports betting platform, you can always leave if you think you made the wrong decision. Plus, we have detailed reviews about each service at Bet Station.
Best for Sports
Each sportsbook has a different range of sports. Some are more accommodating than others, leaving you with a tough choice. If you are looking to bet on sports from all over the globe, then you want the service with the most markets. Below we have each service and the number of sports they have in the books. Remember, the offerings may fluctuate over the year.
- SugarHouse - 21 Sports
- DraftKings - 20 Sports
- FanDuel - 18 Sports
Best Fantasy Sports Services
If you are interested in fantasy sports, two services also provide an online sportsbook. Both DraftKings and FanDuel handle some of the best DFS contests in America. Each platform has its strengths, with FanDuel offering new players more opportunities to play against others at a similar skill level. DraftKings offers more confident players the chance to play for much larger prizes.
However, in February 2022, FanDuel allowed its provisional license to expire. That means you cannot enter paid contests using FanDuel anymore. If you want to play for real money, DraftKings is the only legal service in the state.
Best Mobile Apps
Mobile sportsbooks are the most convenient way for Connecticut players to enjoy sports betting. That is because they give you access to the latest odds, a variety of promotions, and various other features you won’t find at a retail location. Plus, you can bet on sports anywhere inside state lines. Below are the services in order of how easy they are to use.
Best Mobile Casino
For those of you who did not know, online casino games are legal in Connecticut. Each of the sports betting platforms has an online casino full of games for us to enjoy. This includes an assortment of slots plus a variety of exciting table games.
How to Get Started at a Connecticut Sportsbook
We have explained all the important information about each sportsbook available in Connecticut. Now it’s time to register. If this is your first time placing a bet in the state, we have a step-by-step guide to help you sign up. Remember, you can always join another service at a later date if you are unhappy.
- Step 1: The first step is to download a mobile app to your cell phone or visit an online sportsbook. From here, you can check out the current promotions and the active welcome offer. Ensure you inspect the fine print to see if there is a promo code you need to enter when registering. If there is no mention of a code, you can begin registration without having to worry.
- Step 2: Next, you will need to click the register button. Here you will enter your email address, choose a password, and decide on a username. At this stage, some services will ask you for a promo code. If the welcome bonus has a code, this is the time to enter it. Also, if you have a code from your friend who is already a member, enter their unique code at this stage for an additional bonus.
- Step 3: After this, you can begin entering your personal information. They will ask for your full name, address, date of birth, gender, and various other details. You need to enter all this information correctly, as they will check the data you provide. All sportsbooks in Connecticut ask for your Social Security Number. This is how they verify your identity.
- Step 4: Once you have completed registering, you must verify your account. The sportsbook will either send you an email to confirm your account or they will send a code to your cell phone. You cannot make a deposit or wager until you have completed this step.
- Step 5: You are now ready to make your first deposit. We encourage all players to read the welcome offer terms and conditions one more time before progressing. That is because there are usually some sneaky details you must complete to avoid losing out on your welcome bonus. This includes depositing a minimum amount, betting at least $5 on your first wager, and not placing a bet on an event with odds greater than -200. Once you have placed your first bet, you are free to bet on any event you like without worrying about the promotion.
Responsible Gambling Connecticut
All Connecticut residents should try responsible gambling tools. These tools can help you control the time you spend betting and the size of your deposits. If you set up these restrictions early, they can save you from you spending more than you intended.
As well as being advocates for gambling responsibly, we also aim to help new players avoid costly mistakes. One tip that has saved us the most money is knowing when not to bet. There will be plenty of events where your first and second prediction has poor returns. Meaning you can bet if you want to, but you won’t be making much money. Instead of looking for another alternative wager, avoid placing a bet altogether.
One last tip to remember is to only bet on sports you follow. There is no point in betting on tennis if you don’t follow the sport. Placing bets on sports that you have no genuine interest in is a surefire way to lose cash. If no interesting events are available, then don’t bet.
The advice we have given involves trying to stop you from placing unnecessary wagers. That is because most players will have more winnings to enjoy if they bet less. Remember, betting is fun, but who enjoys losing money every week? If you are not enjoying online sports betting, then maybe it’s time to quit.
Connecticut Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bet on sports online in Connecticut?
Yes. There are three services available for residents to use in Connecticut. You can sign up for DraftKings, FanDuel, or SugarHouse anywhere in state lines. You can access all three services using your cell phone.
What sports betting sites are legal in Connecticut?
There are three sports betting sites available in the state. Anyone 21 years of age or older can join FanDuel, DraftKings, and SugarHouse. These sportsbooks are all available online as well as on your mobile device.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal in CT?
Yes. DraftKings is one of three sportsbooks legally licensed to operate in CT. You can bet online using the DraftKings website and you can visit a retail location inside the Foxwoods Resort Casino. Plus, you can download a copy of DraftKings to your smartphone or tablet.
When did online gambling become legal in Connecticut?
Online gambling became legal in Connecticut on October 19, 2021. You can now place sports bets online and sample some exciting casino games using your smartphone or PC.
Is BetMGM legal in CT?
No. BetMGM is not licensed to operate within state lines in Connecticut. However, SugarHouse has announced its intention to leave the state. BetMGM is one service rumored to be interested in taking over from SugarHouse.
Is FanDuel not allowed in CT?
FanDuel is allowed in Connecticut, but you cannot enter paid daily fantasy sports contests anymore. The only legal service in the state is DraftKings. However, you can make sports bets using FanDuel in CT.
When can Connecticut use FanDuel?
The FanDuel fantasy sports service stopped taking paid entries on February 2022. Since then, the service allowed its provisional license to expire. FanDuel has said it intends to return to the state, but we are unsure exactly when.
Is DraftKings casino legal in Connecticut?
Yes. DraftKings operates a fantastic online casino in Connecticut. The state legalized online sports betting and casino games at the same time. Since October 19, 2021, residents have been able to bet online either at the sportsbook or casino.
Can I bet on UConn if I live in CT?
No. You cannot bet on any college-level team based in Connecticut if you live in the state. That means you cannot bet on UConn or any other college team, no matter what sport they play.